The Care Advice Centre was established in 2011 by qualified social worker Aleisha White. In 2018 Anna Callow joined the company as it expanded due to the growing need for Care and Advice services.
Anna qualified with a Masters in Social Work in 2006 and worked within Local Authority Adult Teams since this time, being promoted to Senior Practitioner. She is also a Practice Educator for trainee Social Workers.
In April 2019 Anna became Director of the Care Advice Centre and was joined by Pamela Chavi in March 2020.
As Independent Social Workers (ISW) we have the knowledge and skills to support people who require our expertise within the care sector. Choosing an ISW with this level of experience is crucial to ensuring competent advice and assessments. Our ISW all have high levels of expertise in this field, which sets us apart within this sector.
Some of the services the Care Advice Centre provide are:
· Advising, assessing for and arranging care and support in the community or residential placements
· Support with hospital discharges
· Support with hospital discharges under the Mental Health Act and support at tribunals
· Support with benefit applications
· Review of care and support needs
· Visiting services
· Certificate providers for Lasting Powers of Attorney (completed within 7 days of referral)
· COP3 and mental capacity assessments (completed within 7 days of referral)
· Applications for NHS and Continuing Healthcare and support with appeals
· Case management
· Expert witness reports
We are happy to have a chat with clients and offer free advice during that first contact. A client recently was so grateful for the advice we gave, and shocked that this was free of charge, he made a generous donation to a charity on our behalf.
If we can be of help to you, please contact us on 07764480565 or 07572 954722.